Friday, June 10, 2011

I Don't Believe You


A very good friend recently told me that fairy tales don't exist.
I wept. My heart broke.
When I was a little girl, my father told me that I was a Princess.
Someday, he said, a Prince would come on a white horse, and he would
love me forever, and make all of my dreams come true.
My father has been gone, now, for many years.
How well he knew me, for I am like him.
I see. I dream. I reach for things that may not be there.
There was no Prince.
No white horse ever came.
I knew it never would.
But, if only in my father's eyes, I was a Princess.
Wherever he is now, I know that I am still his Princess.
A very good friend recently told me that fairy tales don't exist.
I don't believe him.
 
-Wysp-

3 comments:

  1. Of course fairy tales exist. I live in one everyday. The world is a better when we BELIEVE!!

    Lovely post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're so creative and well written. One of the many reasons I wuv you so much!

    ReplyDelete